Ebay and paypal ???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamawolf544, Nov 13, 2009.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Anybody else going through the holding of funds for 21 days?
    I sold 2 windstone dragons, and I have sold them in the past, the last being 6 months ago for far more money. I have never had a dispute, never had any kind of claim. 100% rating
    I talked to several paypal reps and they said this is an ebay issue????
    That if I sell eggs they can hold the funds until they are delivered, feedback is left or 21 days.
    I have read many message boards today of very unhappy customers.
    I thought paypal was a secure place for both parties to do their shopping.
    Not a place that makes interest off of my money for 21 days when I have not done anything wrong.
    Anybody else seeing this new twist. [​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Are they doing this to wait and see if the eggs hatch?

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I think they hold funds when they believe that the seller is not on the up-and-up. I don't believe it has to do anything with you.

4. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    No, it is to make sure you really send the item, and you really send the correct item.
    But they state once they are have a dc from the person or feedback they release the money or they dont release the money for 21 days.
    Go to your paypal account and look at the forum on how many people are having issues and their money is not getting released after feedback is left it is still being held for 21 days.
    I was shocked.
    I am still waiting on ebay to get back with me, I have talked to paypal for 2 days and they told me #1 to email the buyer and have them leave pos feedback before you ship the item??? I told her she was nuts. I would never ask anyone to do something like that.
    or #2 not to use ebay anymore because it is an ebay issue????
    And I dont think thats correct so I am waiting for a call back from ebay to see if this really is their doings. Or is PP telling a fiblet.
    so actually I guess people could wait on lets say quail eggs and if they dont get a 100% hatch they can give you a neg feedback and then I dont really know what happens with your funds then.
    I know I am not happy, I shipped 2 dragons, insured, paid the shipping and PP is holding on to my $360.00. but they did take their fees right off the top.
    [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Hm. All I can find is related to disputes or claims involving paypal.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  6. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    It has kinda hurt my feelings....[​IMG]

7. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    Ebay owns paypal the way i understood it

8. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Ooohh, I did not know this info.
    guess I shouldn't hold my breath on the phone call.

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Ebay and Paypal are one and the same..owned by the same company. If they're doing this, it must be to ensure people are shipping the products and the customer is satisfied. I don't know. I avoid using Ebay if I can help it anymore..it has become a buyer world and has made the sellers feel like bad guys. I know from my experience on there (btw..I'm a 100% too) that there are bad buyers and sellers. Why they're doing what they're doing to honest sellers is beyond me.

10. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Absolutely. Thank GOODNESS there is an auction system set up here now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by