Ebay auction for 6+ Self Blue Bantam eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by werblessd1s, Sep 5, 2008.

1. werblessd1s

werblessd1s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    NORTH FLORIDA
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Doesn't look show quality to me. And if you were going to sell eggs you'd usually put a pic up of your best bird, and if he has a bird that won his division at the orange county fair you'd think he'd put that one up, not a bird that's undubbed (thus cant be shown) and with a bad tail. Lots of people lie about their birds being "show quality" and the fact that this guy didn't even put a pic of a show quality bird up to represent his birds is a bit fishy

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    It says Parents of the 2006 Best of Breed Old English Class at the Orange County Fair in California.

I don't think the seller said they where Show Quality just that the breeders had a offspring that was best of breed.

Edit to say: oh I see (SQ) in the heading,but the seller did say that its not the parents that is SQ but that it was thier offspring.....

4. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I agree...not a very nice specimen. There's a trio of self blue OEG's listed on eggbid that look way better than this one. I believe the seller of the ebay auction is a hatchery down in Texas.

5. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Sorry...double post.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by