1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ebay drill chicken plucker

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by qualitycaprine, Jan 28, 2012.

1. qualitycaprine

qualitycaprine New Egg

Jan 12, 2010
  2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    There's a few people selling this type, for around the same price. That one looks to have pretty long "pluckers" compared to the one I've seen, I'd clip them off to around 6 inches or less. They're likely only clipped bits of bungie cords. Anyway, you'd have to use a clamp and clamp the drill to the edge of a table so that the drill is laying on the table with the end pointing outward. One can use a zip tie to fasten the trigger "on" and plug it in to turn it on, unplugging to turn it off. I'd not use a cordless drill for that, they just aren't beefy enough.

3. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    You have to use a corded 1/2" drill in order to have enough power to dress more than one bird. Mine use commercial plucking fingers that are grooved for the purpose of plucking. Check out my feedback on ebay. There are several videos that show how they are used. Recently I sold a plucker to a guy in Europe and he started making one using my design for the European market. This is his video, but it will show how it is used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by