Ebay eggs from Germany

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silly4buttons, Nov 11, 2013.

1. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    I bought eggs from Germany the person sold them to me listed them as ayam cemani he email me on nov 2 to let me know they where sent out. The tracking didn't work so I email him last tue and as of today they still are waiting to be shipped to the U.S. I don't know what to do I called ebay and they want me to wait a few more days. I explain to them they are hatching eggs they just laugh and said aw chickens yeah real funny I payed 68 buck for them :he

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Without proper health certificates and import papers, hatching eggs probably won't get through customs any way.

Some body please correct me if I am wrong.......

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    Iam such an idiot so he or she saw me a mile away

4. enola

There is at least one breeder of Ayam Cemanis here in USA.

5. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Importing eggs from another country without proper paperwork is illegal. IF the seller even shipped the eggs - they never made it through customs.

I breed the Ayam Cemani's close cousin the Svart Hona - they are an black breed as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. enola

How much do you charge for a dozen hatching eggs?

7. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Sorry I don't sell hatching eggs. I will sell a juvenile pair at auction soon and probably won't sell anything else from them until spring.

8. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    So do you think I will get any of my money back

9. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    I don't know... But you may consider it a good thing because if they had gotten here and USDA discovered them - you could have been subject to thousands of dollars worth of fines

10. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    And possibly having the USDA kill all the chickens on your farm, and possibly going to jail. I know they do that, happened to a couple I know. The USDA killed not only all their chickens, but all the chickens on their parent's farm next door to them. They had eggs shipped to them from Wales, and the USDA found out about it through their emails and cell phone messages.

Importing chickens or eggs without going through the proper steps is illegal indeed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by