Ebay eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Sep 26, 2011.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    I set my eggs on the 15th i will tell you i had 9 from my own silkie which are all good so far!!! fingers crossed then i ordered 20 from this wonderful lady on ebay and most all of those are going good fingers crossed still but the other person i won from on ebay i got 32 eggs and i just had to toss 28 of those tonight 2 were quitters the rest never did anything i dont think they were even fertile and out of the 32 i have 4 left which it is a gamble when you order eggs but.....so many not being fertile her little guys must not be having very good swimmers this time of the year

2. naya69

naya69 New Egg

Sep 26, 2011
    We got some of a eBay shop called raven farm and out of the 12 eggs we got 7 that were fertile

3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    You know, once eggs ahve been through the post it's hard to tell anything about fertility. An egg can be fertile and healthy but then be shaken around so much that it won't develop. Even if it was packaged well and arrived intact, it could have been jarred, dropped, or X-rayed. So please don't be too quick to blame the seller for sending infertile eggs, it really is just a gamble every time you buy eggs that have to be shipped!

4. chickenlove74800

chickenlove74800 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2011
    I got some eggs off Ebay too. Out of 14 eggs only 3 are alive now. There due to hatch today. good luck with your hatch! [​IMG]

5. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I drove 7 hours to pick eggs up, so they wouldn't go through the post. Of the 12 I bought, 5 are developping. It could be the time of year too!

6. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
  7. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    You can't tell if an egg is infertile from the outside...

8. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    I just got 14 from a lady here and they were not fertile. Said she has never had a problem and I believe her but sometimes Mr Murphy sneaks in and messes with things. I haven't built up enough courage to try eBay eggs yet. I think I would only buy them if they were a member here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by