Ebay followup feedback

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SueNH, Jun 6, 2008.

1. SueNH

SueNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2007
    Few people make use of it. I have to look for it each time but with something like eggs I use it when I have a hatch.

Most people leave feedback when the eggs arrive in good shape and in a timely manner. There is a little widget where you can add to the feedback later on when the eggs start hatching.

I don't bother if I have no hatch. I understand too much can happen en route because of handling but if they hatch it's nice to let others know.

Example of real feedback from a very successful duck hatch:

Positive feedback rating eggs arrived quickly with none broken
    Buyer:
    fostesky ( 1663 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] )
    May-07-08 11:32

Follow-up by fostesky (Jun-04-08 04:36):
    I've got a mallard colored runner and black one and I see pips!!!!! Ducks!!!!!

5 Indian Runner Duck Hatching Eggs Holderreads Stock (#180236390293) US $5.99 View Item

Just copied and pasted from her feedback. You can see when I got the eggs and you can see when I started hatching. It's a very long way from Kansas to New Hampshire but I won't hesitate to buy from this person again. The eggs I got at the same time didn't hatch nearly as well and came from neighboring Massachusetts. Nothing the seller did wrong and some did hatch. I did leave a positive followup on that one too.

It's nice to know if somebody else had luck.

If you look at a persons feedback, at the bottom of the page there is a link to post a follow up to feedback left. It's a nifty little widget ebay provides that is underused.

2. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I use the follow-up as well for good hatches. But I will also use it if none of the eggs hatch and show infertile when I crack them open. Because who can know if everyone has been getting infertile eggs from a breeder and just chalking it up to mishandling. If I crack the eggs open and they show they were fertile or they were just too scrambled then I won't say anything. But I do report infertility

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  3. SueNH

SueNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2007
    I would say something if they were infertile. I just don't want folks blamed for rough shipping problems.

Though I suppose if there is a consistent soccer game going on with packages in a certain area it would be nice to know. Just not sure how that could be conveyed and still be fair to the seller.

4. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Just state the eggs were fertile but too scrambled to hatch that it isn't the sellers fault. However, if a seller is consistently getting scrambled egg reports they might consider sending them a different route...

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I got 18 call eggs and only ONE was fertile. All the rest were completely clear, not even a blood ring or a shadow - nothing.

To me - that is just sloppy. I don't know if I will go back and leave more feedback - but I definatley won't buy again. If this one hatches I'll be mazed. (Day 15 though!) [​IMG]

The funny thing is - remember when I was asking about having 5 broken eggs out of 10? Well that lady did send me 5 more - which was really nice. PLUS every stinkin one of her eggs that went in the bator was fertile. They either all developed or had a blood ring.

Now even though I was disappointed with the broken ones, she made good and I'm pretty sure she's on the up and up. I'll buy again and I will definately leave an update and tell how well things went, even if they die at the last minute I absolutely know it had nothing to do with her.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I didn't even know there WAS follow up feedback!

7. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:Remember, just because an egg candles clear does NOT mean infertile. It could have just gotten too scrambled to grow. The only way to check for fertility on a clear egg is to crack it open and look for the bulleye showing the egg is either fertile or not fertile.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Agreed, BDR. In addition, if they went through an x-ray machine enroute, they will not show as fertile either.

It's REALLY hard on eggs to be shipped. Call duck eggs are some of the harder ones, unfortunately. :-(

9. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I just think it is strange that 17 of the eggs would be fertile but scrambled but one of them wasn't and has developed to day 15?? Nah - I'm sorry I don't buy it.

Personally I think she sent so many extras because she knew there was a problem, but of course that is just my opinion. I already left her feedback for shipping and the extras- I doubt I'd go back and make an issue of it. But again, personally I'll never buy from her again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by