eBay "Frizzle TopHatter" chicks... color and breed ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by phoenixbantam, Sep 11, 2009.

1. phoenixbantam

phoenixbantam Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I bought these eggs from an eBay auction for "frizzle tophatters..." from what I understand the rooster could be either a frizzle polish or a frizzle cochin, and the hens could be polish, sultan, cochin, maybe silkie, not really sure.

These were the only 3 that hatched, unfortunately the thermometer that came with the Hovabator was stapled incorrectly to the degree reading card so they actually incubated at 105-110 degrees and hatched two days early [​IMG] None of the other eggs hatched, $%^*& you GFQ Manufacturing. }[​IMG] Didn't figure this out until I put a medical grade thermometer in. What a bummer. All the other eggs were developed inside too, so sad [​IMG]

Anyhow, I would love if anyone can ID what breed mixes these may be, and what color they will be fully grown? I don't recognize any of these colors as my experience is limited to purebred polish and silkies.

[​IMG]
    Yellow chick, has greyish wings, and about 6 grey spots on his back?
    He also has a tophat, feathered feet, and 5 toes on each foot. I'm thinking sultan x ...? No idea on the colors.

[​IMG]
    Is this a baby penguin? Ha. Black with white/yellow underside, 4 toes, feathered legs, no tophat, black beak.
    What color does the penguin coloration turn out to be? I'm guessing cochin x ...? for the breed.

[​IMG]
    His underside is more grey compared to the other one, tophat on head, feathered legs, 4 toes. Also has a little comb on his beak. Cochin x ...?

Would love opinions on colors and breed compositions! Oh, and do you think any will be frizzle? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    They look like crosses, The middle one might be pure. [​IMG]

3. iluvmychicks

iluvmychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Indiana
    I would guess a cochin/silkie cross. Look at the comb and see if they have a single comb, you can see it even as chicks:) Congrats on your new chicks!!

Shari

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    could be part polish...i say part because polish have clean legs...

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My black cochin chicks always have that penguin pattern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by