eBay horror stories or the flip

Discussion in 'Quail' started by abobwhat, Apr 17, 2011.

1. abobwhat

abobwhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    SoCal
    The prices on eBay seem really good?

I want to hear some peoples stories good or bad about buying quail eggs on eBay

maybe names to stay away from...

and names to buy from...

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    ehhh I don't know, I wouldn't want to bash anyone here [​IMG] But you can pm me and I can give you a list.

3. DuranAndy

DuranAndy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Utah
    I bought bobwhite eggs on ebay and had a good hatch, but I can't remember who I bought them from. [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would say buy from friend-2-fowl, stellargamebirds, or JJMR794...but that's just my opinion [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Strangely enough, I've never had a bad experience as a buyer or seller. I am sure it will happen eventually, but I am trying to be vigilant before bidding. I know one time an item got lost in the mail, and since I didn't pay for insurance, I still left a positive since I knew they sent it. They offered to make a new one. I thought for a little while, and decided to refuse the offer, since it was only a 5$ bracelet that they made themselves, and worth more in time than what was charged. Lo and behold, three weeks later, it showed up! The package had been all over the place, given the stamps, even made it to Canada! It was originally shipped from MI to WI, so that package took a crazy trip.

6. abobwhat

abobwhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    SoCal
    thank you all

I have been following ebay and there is a trend with people whos eggs dont sell even at .99 cents so i am starting to catch on

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Ahahaha, I saw this come up at the "recent topics" at the bottom of the forum's main page. Er, yea, thought this was in random ramblings, not quail specific! I feel silly now [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I wouldn't necessarily go by that, a lot of factors are involved with quail eggs. Some people look for jumbo browns only, which I (friend-2-fowl) do not have. Others look for specific colors, which again I do not have. Still others look for excessively large lots (100+ or more), which again, I do not have. Some charge an outrageous price for shipping so that's one reason why they don't sell.
    Mine routinely sell for .99 with $10 shipping and that's good enough for me. It only costs about $6 for shipping and another $1-$2 for paypal and ebay so I still get a few dollars a dozen.

9. cajunboy74

cajunboy74 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    South Louisiana
    I have roughly 40 transactions on eBay as a buyer an seller an have never had a bad experience. Only one transaction involving eggs and it went very good I got a good hatch rate, eggs packed well and the birds are way bigger than my current quail. I bout from rarebreedeggs4u.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by