ebay incubators

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quail42, Dec 5, 2016.

1. quail42

quail42 Just Hatched

Dec 4, 2016
    I am looking into purchasing an incubator as we are getting ready to get some quail for eggs. We only want around 10 birds or less.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Automatic-Cl...ae59a5c&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=322321370074

[​IMG]
    I don't want to spend a lot of money but wonder if these actually work? lt seems very cheap. Also, this one says it can fit 14 chicken eggs. Many say they fit 7. Can I put multiple quail eggs in each spot if needed?

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    How you gonna turn eggs? I think you'd be disappointed in this..
    Just my opinion. .

3. quail42

quail42 Just Hatched

Dec 4, 2016
    Quote: Is it possible to turn by hand? I read they need to be turned 3x/day, I could do this by hand. Or will opening it up to do that cause too much disruption in the humidity?

Very new to this so open to any ideas. My husband is very handy and could make something as well if that is possible.

4. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    If your husband is handy.. building one. Sounds like a better option...
    The eggs sits up right in t his one.. not sure how you would turn them.. by spinning?

Alot threads on here for building one.. some people use coolers and convert them..

5. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

6. AppleJack23

AppleJack23 Just Hatched

Jun 25, 2016
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I've seen a similar one to this on eBay, and saw it's it's a steam egg cooker instead! Just be very weary with what you buy! I just bought a 7 egg one, where I have to manually turn the eggs, and it cost me $26.35! You can always make adjustments :)

1 person likes this.
  7. cshma11

cshma11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2016
    Illinois
    I think someone is marketing a cooker as an incubator. I don't see any way to adjust the temperature, and the pictures show them cooking food in it?[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. LoveInNature

LoveInNature Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2016
    Brisbane Australia

Gold!

Here is my 2c. I have a similar shaped incubator. Even though it is fan driven the temperature at the top is a whple degree hotter than where the eggs are. So my concern would be uneven egg incubation. I also think that having one layer virtually cut off from the other would exacerbate the heat difference.

The upside appears to be a lovely meal!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by