eBay Leg Bands

SoccerMomof7

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Kansas
Okay for all of you that purchased the leg bands from the guy on ebay, the colored rubber bands type thing TAKE THEM OFF YOUR BIRDS!!! I had 3 young bird with them on so I could tell them apart and one started lymping on that leg, when I put them on a week ago they were not tight on any of them I wanted them loose. Well I took the bands off and they have shrunk and dug into their leg. I got all mine off but 2 of them their leg looks bad so I just wanted to warn anybody that did the same thing I did.

I bought some spangled orloff chicks a couple weeks ago and didnt notice that there were yellow bands on their yellow legs
sad.png

Yesterday i noticed one of the chicks limping, picked it up and found the yellow band. It was so tight that its leg had started to grow around it. Its moving better but still limping. I dont know i got it off in time to save the foot or not. Then of course i had to chase a dozen starting to fly chicks around the 12x12 brooder room to catch them and take off leg bands.

I dont know if these were the same kind of bands that your talking about because i dont normally band my chickens. These were like tiny strips of velcro.

They were only on them 9 days, and I swear they were big when I put them on. My DH just keeps say he told me not to use them. Just what I want him rubbing it in that I almost really hurt my chickens. I have 3 california whites that look identical, and 2 plymouth white rocks that look identical I just wanted to tell them apart.

I didn't order those, but I've used those tiny hair bands for little girls before....and still use them on occasion, but they just grow so fast that all of a sudden they're tight and it seems to happen overnight.

Back
Top Bottom