Ebay listing is fraudulent listing Egyptian Fayoumis as Denizli Longcrowers

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by vetgirl00us, Feb 23, 2012.

1. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I bought eggs from these people at a pretty high cost and after several tries I hatched some chicks. I was excited to think I had these rare Denizli Longcrowers and they grew up and I posted a picture of them on ultimatefowl and I got totally laughed at. They are Egyptian Fayoumis and NOT denizli at all. I looked up Egyptians and that's exactly what they look like from chicks to grown adults. Now the person is listing them on EBay again this year but when I try to contact them it says they cannot be contacted. It makes me mad that someone else is going to be had by buying eggs thinking they are getting one thing and getting a breed you can buy at a hatchery.

2. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    In case you are unaware there is a place where you can go and file a report. I know that won't help w/ your situation but at least you can warn other people. If they do there homework. The website is called ripoffreport.com. There might be other websites where you can report this if there are I don't know them though.

3. MrsMoonCat

MrsMoonCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA
    Did you file a fraud complaint with ebay?

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    The seller likely blocked you, so there is no way you can communicate with them to voice your displeasure. Very dastardly and disappointing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by