I sold a large Hummel figurine on eBay shortly before Christmas which I thought would fetch maybe $25. Instead, it went for $500 which is beside the point. The buyer is located in Germany and in order to avoid enormous custom fees, she made two payments through PayPal and asked me to declare the value of the lessor amount. (this is not breaking any US laws but her own custom laws). Because of the extreme weather in Europe and the Christmas mail rush, we both agreed that it would be best to wait until AFTER Christmas to ship the figurine out. Well the day after Christmas we were hit with a blizzard here that left me snowed in for days. The PO was even closed. I guess fearing that all I was doing was making up excuses, she panicked and opened up, not one, but TWO disputes against me through PayPal (since she had not used eBay's checkout). Her reasoning was that the 45 days might run out while the figurine was in transit and she would have no way to recoup her money should the figurine get broken or lost in the mail. I exchanged countless e-mails with her and reassured her that I would make things right with her. My eBay reputation is stellar. So what I intend to do is declare the figurine at the full amount and then insure it for the full amount. I still have not shipped the figurine out because we are at a stalemate. The funds are frozen and now if the figurine arrives broken or is lost, she will have it AND her money. As it is, shipping is going to have to come out of my own pocket. I contacted the next bidder and he is still interested in the figurine. I think maybe I should sell it to him. But then if I default on the disputes they may start imposing limits on my account. Plus it would be as if I were selling the same item to two people. I rely on PayPal as a source of income. I am not sure what to do at this point.