eBay - Quail (Any good sellers?)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by DNAatWork, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNAatWork

DNAatWork Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Coalville, UT
    Hey is there any good quail breeders on eBay? I want to trust some of those breeders, but i'm scared of receiving old eggs / different breeds / tiny pool genes. I do not want to buy off other websites. The reason being,- its that - those folks on eBay probably have some type of reputation, and if something goes wrong, eBay should be good on that (I hope).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    I got some cot eggs on for sale on ebay...PM for details...laying like mad and promise fresh eggs!

3. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have received eggs twice from Bfrancis and I HIGHLY recommend him for eggs, I know other members would recommend him as well. 90+% hatch rate is AMAZING on shipped eggs, his quail eggs and chicken eggs were both 90+% hatches, best shipped eggs I have ever received.

The evidence is in the birds, here are some pics of mine I hatched recently from his eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. bfrancis

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Thanks Mo! It's always good to see positive feedback and the pics to back it up....Don't have any jumbos...but do have a rainbow of colors!

5. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    You definitely have that, your variety of colors added so much to my collection, and of course you know I love love LOVE my red Coturnix

[​IMG]

6. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
  7. Bigdtc

Bigdtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2011
    I try to use someone close to me so as to lessen the chances of rough handling of the eggs. Bfrancis has a great reputation and, as being out west goes, is close enough,...HaHa
    That's where I would start...

8. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yeah Bfrancis or Jamesmarie is a good choice, I am not sure if Jamesmarie has eggs on ebay but does have a website, I know Bfrancis does the eBay stuff.

If you get a good seller with a quality reputation for good fertility and shipping practices you cant go wrong. I have received eggs from a few different vendors and have had good luck and bad luck so since I found a good seller I dont really need to look around unless its a color Bfrancis doesnt have, heck if I find a color he doesnt have I am going to hook him up with eggs anyway lol a man can never have too many quail lol

9. bfrancis

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    LOL @ Mochicken! you're right though you can have too many quail. Thanks for all your compliments guys...I try to do the quail community good.

Speaking of can't have enough quail....here's a pic of my newest additions, just got them from the post office this morning, flew in from New Mexico. 2 pair of California Valley:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. reereechickens

reereechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Reidsville, NC
    I had great sucess with Chickbird here on BYC with my quail. I had 80-90% hatch rate and the quail taste wonderful. I bought chicken hatching eggs from a person off of ebay and they sell quail eggs also, that I would not buy from b/c my chciks were NOT what they said. They were GLW but they had muffs! They were culled. That seller goes by Razzledazzle.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by