1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ebay question ?????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamawolf544, Jul 16, 2011.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Ok I know Ebay has changed some things up but can some of you experienced sellers tell me what's going on here?

And note this is not a BYCer or an egg purchase.

OK I bid on an item and it says on the ad shipping is $4.99 and optional insurance and DC# is $1.99 up to $50.00. Please do not pay until I send you an invoice.

OK I wasn't going to pay because I am bidding on another item and they combine shipping, and it states if you are bidding in a 7 day period do not pay wait for a final invoice.

OK I get that. But I get the 1st invoice my auction price, $5.99 shipping and $1.99 insurance.

Now I would get the insurance what I won is glass, but why did the shipping price jump? And I looked at there other merchandise for the same type of thing and shipping is $2.99 to $5.99. What gives. [​IMG]

Is it just an error on their part do you think, or is it the old bait and switch thing?

I am going to contact them but I am waiting on the other auction to end, so I thought I would pick your brains instead. [​IMG]

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    whats DC#?

it could be a simple mis calculation.

3. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Quote:delivery conformation number.

I hope that is all it is, because they have lot's of pretties that I want. [​IMG]

4. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    It cost about 2 bucks for the DC number. That could be it

5. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I ship all the time. DC#'s are free if you do them online.

6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    If the shipping says 4.99 thats what you pay,cant change prices after someone wins item....

7. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Even if you go to the PO to buy it, the DC is only 80c....not $2!

8. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Quote:That is what I thought. I triple checked the listing it said $4.99 and a $1.99 for the insurance and DC# if you want it. And of course I want that. [​IMG]
    It's probably just a mistake.

9. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Its 1.85$ i think when i add deliver confirmation online. I usually just use the priority shipping #

10. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    They may use an auction listing service where you create "templates" and just fill in what's different for the auction. If that's the case, they may not even realize that they have a different shipping in there -- it might be an old auction listing that they updated with pictures and info of the current "pretty" only.

I'd just point it out nicely and see how they respond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by