Ebay seller Vent!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Haviris, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Ok so I bought some blue/black/splash ameraucana eggs from a seller on Ebay, I'd been trying for weeks to get some eggs from this guy and was so excited when I finally won an auction!

I ended up with 5 chicks (9 hatched, but I ended up losing 4), 4 of which were odd colored (these are supposed to be out of show stock). I emailed the seller, he looks at pics and agrees something isn't right, he must have somehow mixed them up, and HE offers to send me some more eggs in June. Sounds good to me and I agree. I originally thought I had two proper looking chicks (a black and a blue), but the black started getting brown feathers, and the blue has a major scissor beak. So in all 5 worthless mystery chicks.

Anyway June has come, I just finished up a hatch and emailed the seller to see if they knew when they'd send the new eggs so I'd know if I should clean the bators and keep them running or shut them off, I'm ready for a break and these were going to be my last for awhile. I emailed him twice, it's been over a week and I haven't gotten a response. I feel like I have given him plenty of time to respond to me and I know he's been around his computer because he has a new auction running right now.

No idea why I'm telling you all this, I guess I just needed to vent and maybe have someone tell how much worse it could be, it's just so frustrating. Should I do anything else? Or assume I've been scammed?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    Why havent you contacted HincJ?

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    As an ebay seller, you have some recourse. were your emails to the seller regarding the bad hatch through the ebay system? do you have copies?

Contact customer service through ebay...if at a minimum, you can get the seller flagged or froced into contact with you, that is better than nothing.

Good luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by