Ebay Settlement?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fuzziebutt, Dec 5, 2011.

1. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    So, I'm minding my own business, cooking supper, and hubbo comes in with the mail, and tells me that I have a check. I look, and it's a settlement check from Ebay, because of something I sold a few years back in Ebay motors! He told me that I'd have to split the check, what with community property. The check is for .06. Yes, six cents. I told him that I would sign the back of it, and he could ask the girls at the breakfast cafe if they will cash a 2 party check. Anyone else get one?

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Strange. The stamp cost more than the check!

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    That's what I thought! And I had been getting mail about a settlement about something on Ebay somewhere blah blah, then here this is! Too funny!

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I got nothing but some other people have been talking about huge checks. Something about getting the shaft on sellers fees.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I haven't got one from e-bay, but I did get a settlement check from some other thing. The check was for .09 cents. [​IMG] It cost more to write the check and mail it.

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I got a check today too! Mine was for 11 cents! I told hubby Not to cash it for fear that it would change our long distance service or some other goofy thing. [​IMG]

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:costs more to go to the bank and cash it too. i 'd just frame it and get a good laught out of it.

8. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    My dad just got a settlement check from American Express for $60.00. He's never had an American express card before so has decided not to cash it.

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Six cents? .06 Really?!

Well, I'll get my coat, you're buying lunch! Um......NEVERMIND! [​IMG]

10. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    I guess I made out like a bandit. My ebay check is for $6.17. I have no idea what I sold back then.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by