eBay silkie eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jossanne, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    There is a seller on eBay with silkie hatching eggs. He/she has assorted colors, batches of 12+, and the pictures look excellent. I've added her to my favorite sellers for when I'm ready to buy eggs in a couple of months.

Has anyone had good quality birds with silkie hatching eggs from eBay? If so, would you PM me the seller's name?

Has anyone bought silkie hatching eggs from eBay, thinking they were getting nice quality birds and ended up with markedly less than they expected? If so, would you PM me the seller's name?

Thanks. I don't want to buy from this person if they're not as advertised, and will remove her from my favorite sellers.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Could you post the link to the auction ? That way we could look at it and tell you what we think ?

3. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    I know who you are talking about (muki1234) I think. If so, those eggs are the real deal.

4. Ms Ellen

Ms Ellen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Virginia
    I bought three sets of silkie eggs one from here and two from ebay. The set from here none hatched (such is life with shipped eggs) and the two sets from ebay had good hatch rates. Both had nice looking silkies. From one ebay set I got one chick hatching with a deformed eye and from the other ebay set I got two that were not silkies. The hatches were good though and I ended up selling a bunch to another member here. Our silkies are pets but so far they look good to me. Right skin color, five toes and a lot of vaulted heads. I don't know much about them though. Here is a picture of one from the week they hatched:

[​IMG]

5. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Yes, it's her. I didn't know if it was kosher to post her name. Her birds are gorgeous, and I'm thinking when I'm ready to get some eggs, hers will be more in my price range than Hat Trick's. I'll try for Hat Trick first, but if I can't afford them, I'll get some of muki1234's.

Thanks for the fast replies!

6. I just checked that person's ID and it says they live in Germany??? Are you sure you have the right ID? I was just curious because I had someone with a very similar ID on e-bay contact me on e-bay about my silkie eggs months ago but I think they were from Italy. lol I went back to check the old message, but it was several months ago and was erased! Arrgghhh!! Oh well...I was just curious who you were talking about...

7. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Yes, it's her. I didn't know if it was kosher to post her name. Her birds are gorgeous, and I'm thinking when I'm ready to get some eggs, hers will be more in my price range than Hat Trick's. I'll try for Hat Trick first, but if I can't afford them, I'll get some of muki1234's.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Ohhh..... I wanna see, I wanna see !!! could you post the ebay link ?? Plllleeassee !!

8. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    [email protected]@2four :

I just checked that person's ID and it says they live in Germany??? Are you sure you have the right ID? I was just curious because I had someone with a very similar ID on e-bay contact me on e-bay about my silkie eggs months ago but I think they were from Italy. lol I went back to check the old message, but it was several months ago and was erased! Arrgghhh!! Oh well...I was just curious who you were talking about...

It's 1234muki, not muki1234. I just went and checked. They're in Tennessee.​

9. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    VERY VERY pretty !!!! [​IMG]

Getting up there at $52.00 !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by