Ebay WHHHYYYYY????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, Jun 21, 2011.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Never had an issue, but a guy bought something from me and has only given it like 8-9 days coming from Guam to get there and now has opened a case on me saying he hasn't recieved the item?! What does this mean? I haven't sold much on Ebay so I'm unsure... The item shipped from Guam on June 11th and USPS hasn't updated the tracking number since then, so how is this my fault??? So what do I do? I have explained to him it takes time but apprently that's not ok, even though he knew this before he bought the item... Ugh people, reminds me why I surround myself with the non-human variety.

2. philter4

philter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Placerville CA
    I don't know what people think, I am sorry you are having troubles but you should know that ebay researches each open case so just because he filed does not mean it will be a mark against you.

I sold 3 grey jungle fowl eggs to a lady who didn't pay right away. The auction ended on a Tuesday so I would have time to send the box priority mail and even if it took a day extra the oldest egg was still only 6 days old (that is why I only sell 3 eggs at a time) I emailed her and finally she wrote back and paid on Thursday. I took it on myself and paid the extra cost to ship overnight so she would receive them Saturday at the latest and not on Monday if they were priority. Never heard back from her, no thank you, no feedback, nothing. About a week ago I put another 3 eggs up and she bid and won again, and again, no payment for a day or two so I emailed her again. This time I got a response saying she didn't know they were my eggs, last auction I only sent her 3 eggs (the auction was for 3 eggs in big bold black letters) and that I send old eggs and she can't trust me so she refuses to pay. I had to eventually file a claim against her, but the add was the same, I just relisted the item, the photo was the same, and my user name has not changed since I became an ebay member, I just don't get it!!!

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:SO FRUSTRATING! The guys package was delivered mere hours after he opened the case, so I'm not sure what's going to happen... I explained to him that it would be 7-15 days coming from here, it took 10... [​IMG] Some people

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    it took three and a half weeks for me to get a package from the phillipenes. THESE THINGS TAKE TIME! that guys is just a jerkhole.

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    send ebay an email letting them know the package was recieved. That will probably end it. sounds like the guy was hoping to recieve the item and get his money back. send the link from the post office tracking too.

6. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Quote:Well said! [​IMG]

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    You did pay for delivery confirmation on the package, right? Even if you send something first class mail (like something that fits in a padded envelope and is very light), you always use delivery confirmation for anything you sell on eBay. Why? It PROVES you sent the item. And it also proves when they receive it! Sellers have sent items before, abstaining from delivery confirmation, and if a crooked buyer wanting the item AND their money can open a dispute and WIN because the seller can't prove they sent anything without it! A reciept from the post office doesn't tell much. You just build delivery confirmation into your shipping costs.

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    One thing about shipping to a foreign country? Once it's out of the hands of the USPS anything can happen. Insurance might have helped. Personally I wouldn't ship to a foreign country with out a disclaimer of some kind.

Hope things turn up.

Rancher

9. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:Guam is an unincorporated territory of the United States. We have a HUGE Air Force base there.

10. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I hate to tell you this but ebay always ALWAYS supports the buyer. Even if you are in the right, can proove it, do proove it, the ebay PERSON even says you are right.... the buyer WILL get their money back... but the bright side is that ebay sometimes will pay the bill and it won't be out of your pocket. You just got to keep fighting.

Now, if he hasn't filed a complaint on you yet, just need to tell him that shipments out of the US can take up to 30 days. That should shut him up.... and in the future, my advice, don't sell overseas. It's never worth it and the people are more often of other cultures (not Americans living elsewhere) and thus have a different idea of what is expected and fair in a sale.

I've sold on ebay for most of my adult life (and I'm no spring chicken) and there are people out there who are very smart about ebay's policies. One woman told me she got the item and loved it. Said she was needing it for a "one time event". OK? Left positive feedback and all... three months later, she told ebay I never shipped it and she got her money back.... and yes, I shown ebay her positive feedback and her emails about loving it and only needing it once. They always support the buyer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by