Eco 20 w/autocradle ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Wyogirl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Cody, WY
I bought a used Eco 20 (ebay) w/auto turner! My gosh it's temp is already stable at 2 hrs and even the humidity is stable. Soooooooooooooo easy to set up am getting shipped Silkies eggs on the 18th , here i go again !!

Quote:
Yep. Don't put anything in there that you do not want to hatch. Those things are great!!!!! I love mine.
big_smile.png

I'm so excited!! I Do have a question. How often do you fill the water trays, I'm trying to keep my humidity between 30-40 during incubation then lockdown 60-75. My Silkie eggs arrive the 18th and am getting everything prepared.
Ayda

I have one too.. Great little incubator.
Depending on your climate, determines how often to add water. You can get a thermometer at Walmart that also reads the humidity. They work pretty good.

I only fill 1 well with water for incubation at 20-30% then fill both at lock down, I add a paper towel to one well. Just crunched it in the well and let part lay on the bottom of the incubator. This puts me at 50-55% for lock down. I ALWAYS have to add water on day 2 of lock down
hu.gif
I have heard this from others also. I just crack the top pour some hot water in a close it quick.

When I see the humidity get up 60% or more, I know the chicks are hatching.
smile.png

Good Luck !
fl.gif

I really want one of them, but I have too many incubators as my mother says. Nu uh! Mama........... Okay then....

I do like all of my incubators, because they are reliable, but I don't like hand turning eggs, and I don't like having to worry about the temperature in my fridge incubator. I have a broken top-hatch, a little giant, an Rcom mini incubator, and two homemade incubators, I would like my Rcom Mini a lot better if I had some neat eggs to hatch in it. I wanna hatch parakeets or finches. I will be going to school pretty soon, and I couldn't hand feed a parakeet or finch then, but next summer, I might be able to do it.

I had just bought one as well. I did have to send back the first one two days after setting my eggs, something wrong with it...now my babies-to-be are rockin in the cradle and I hope to have baby fuzzies in a couple of weeks!

Back
Top Bottom