Eco 20 w/autocradle ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wyogirl, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I bought a used Eco 20 (ebay) w/auto turner! My gosh it's temp is already stable at 2 hrs and even the humidity is stable. Soooooooooooooo easy to set up am getting shipped Silkies eggs on the 18th , here i go again !!

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Great for you. Good luck. Many hatches to you.

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Quote:Yep. Don't put anything in there that you do not want to hatch. Those things are great!!!!! I love mine. [​IMG]

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I loved mine so much I bought 2 [​IMG]

5. Wyogirl

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I'm so excited!! I Do have a question. How often do you fill the water trays, I'm trying to keep my humidity between 30-40 during incubation then lockdown 60-75. My Silkie eggs arrive the 18th and am getting everything prepared.
    Ayda

6. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I have one too.. Great little incubator.
    Depending on your climate, determines how often to add water. You can get a thermometer at Walmart that also reads the humidity. They work pretty good.

I only fill 1 well with water for incubation at 20-30% then fill both at lock down, I add a paper towel to one well. Just crunched it in the well and let part lay on the bottom of the incubator. This puts me at 50-55% for lock down. I ALWAYS have to add water on day 2 of lock down [​IMG] I have heard this from others also. I just crack the top pour some hot water in a close it quick.

When I see the humidity get up 60% or more, I know the chicks are hatching. [​IMG]

Good Luck ! [​IMG]

7. Wyogirl

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Thanks I will fill up one well in the AM and see what happens, will play with it till the 18th:thumbsup
    Ayda

8. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I really want one of them, but I have too many incubators as my mother says. Nu uh! Mama........... Okay then....

I do like all of my incubators, because they are reliable, but I don't like hand turning eggs, and I don't like having to worry about the temperature in my fridge incubator. I have a broken top-hatch, a little giant, an Rcom mini incubator, and two homemade incubators, I would like my Rcom Mini a lot better if I had some neat eggs to hatch in it. I wanna hatch parakeets or finches. I will be going to school pretty soon, and I couldn't hand feed a parakeet or finch then, but next summer, I might be able to do it.

9. chickensassy

chickensassy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    Texas
    I had just bought one as well. I did have to send back the first one two days after setting my eggs, something wrong with it...now my babies-to-be are rockin in the cradle and I hope to have baby fuzzies in a couple of weeks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by