Eco Chicken Contest! (win an Eco-Chicken Badge)

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by IcarusSomnio, Jun 17, 2010.

1. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Get your creativity on and snap a photo of your chicken doing something to help the environment! Winners will recieve a first, second, or third place Eco Chicken badge to wave enthusiastically around the internet.

Acceptable Entries---
    -Chicks, pullets, cockerels, hens, and roosters of any breed are accepted
    -Home-made props are accepted
    -Chicken(s) must be doing something to help the environment. Environment-friendly things include picking up tree waste (keep the planet clean), carefully removing bugs, leaves, dirt, or the carefully tended fruits of your labor from the garden (plant growth). Ferrying another chicken or chick around the yard (saves gas), sleeping on/under/over another chick/chicken (saves heat!), or even 'pulling' a man-made (literal) chicken tractor!

Judging---
    Once it has been deemed that we have enough entries, the contest will be closed. Winners will be voted on by everyone [​IMG]

Tips---
    If using a harness for a 'chicken tractor', it is best to made something that sits over the chickens back and on or just below the breast. This ensures that the neck won't be restricted, and is much more easily slipped off.
    -I've made several myself and they work extremely well, I fitted one to a chick and it promptly flung it clear across my desk. Certainly better than the 'round-the-neck loop I had used in a previous shoot! [​IMG]

Prizes---
    Prizes will be awarded at the end of the contest. Examples will be posted soon, and are free for the winners to use were they wish. Badges will be customized with your Backyard Chickens username!

Good luck, and have fun!

My Delaware chick goes Eco with a custom made chicken cart! Go little chicken go!
    [​IMG]

2. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Good idea!

3. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Now all I need are entries :p

Getting the badges up soon n.n didn't have time to finish them yesterday.

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    [​IMG]
    Gamma

5. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

They are saving heat! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Here's my entry! [​IMG]

What she is trying to say is not to just lay around doing nothing instead go water the plants, throw the trash properly, and recycle things [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a picture of herself without the costume [​IMG]

[​IMG]

on the cape and hat she was wearing it said "Super Chick" like the hero Superman [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  7. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    all of these are lovely! but if i had to pick one for first place , id pick Skitz's, and if i were to say who was in second place, i'd say Gammapoppylilyflutter's pic.

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by