Eco Chicken Contest! (win an Eco-Chicken Badge)

IcarusSomnio

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Vernon County, MO
Get your creativity on and snap a photo of your chicken doing something to help the environment! Winners will recieve a first, second, or third place Eco Chicken badge to wave enthusiastically around the internet.

Acceptable Entries---
-Chicks, pullets, cockerels, hens, and roosters of any breed are accepted
-Home-made props are accepted
-Chicken(s) must be doing something to help the environment. Environment-friendly things include picking up tree waste (keep the planet clean), carefully removing bugs, leaves, dirt, or the carefully tended fruits of your labor from the garden (plant growth). Ferrying another chicken or chick around the yard (saves gas), sleeping on/under/over another chick/chicken (saves heat!), or even 'pulling' a man-made (literal) chicken tractor!

Judging---
Once it has been deemed that we have enough entries, the contest will be closed. Winners will be voted on by everyone

Tips---
If using a harness for a 'chicken tractor', it is best to made something that sits over the chickens back and on or just below the breast. This ensures that the neck won't be restricted, and is much more easily slipped off.
-I've made several myself and they work extremely well, I fitted one to a chick and it promptly flung it clear across my desk. Certainly better than the 'round-the-neck loop I had used in a previous shoot!

Prizes---
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the contest. Examples will be posted soon, and are free for the winners to use were they wish. Badges will be customized with your Backyard Chickens username!

Good luck, and have fun!

My Delaware chick goes Eco with a custom made chicken cart! Go little chicken go!

Skitz

Skitz15k
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Texas
Here's my entry!

What she is trying to say is not to just lay around doing nothing instead go water the plants, throw the trash properly, and recycle things

and a picture of herself without the costume

on the cape and hat she was wearing it said "Super Chick" like the hero Superman

Last edited:

Telamon

Songster
9 Years
May 31, 2010
I have no idea.
all of these are lovely! but if i had to pick one for first place , id pick Skitz's, and if i were to say who was in second place, i'd say Gammapoppylilyflutter's pic.

Top Bottom