Eco Smart organic pest control...OK for chickens?

ChinoChix

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Chino Valley, AZ
My Coop
My Coop
I normally spray my yard perimeter and house perimeter with a product called Eco Smart that is made only of oils of rosemary, clove, thyme and some citrus oil. It works wonders to keep the scorpions, black widows, stinging centepedes and other creepy crawlers out of my home and it smells awesome. I don't use anything with chemicals around my home because of my dogs.
Just wondering if this would be safe to use around the chicken yard and coop? I will not spray INSIDE, but just the outside perimeter. I'm reading that some essential oils are BAD for the chickens. I plan to use food grade DE inside their area.

I have no answer, but would like to know about using it around chickens, too. Its AWESOME on hornet nests, knocks the hornets down right away.

For natural pest control, I started using Greenbug for Outdoors - it is a natural cedar based product that has wiped out some serious mites plus kept all other pests away. Seems to work fine, the chickens don't mind it, and is all natural, food grade safe, EPA exempt, etc. So far, so good. Anyone else used it?

For natural pest control, I started using Greenbug for Outdoors - it is a natural cedar based product that has wiped out some serious mites plus kept all other pests away. Seems to work fine, the chickens don't mind it, and is all natural, food grade safe, EPA exempt, etc. So far, so good. Anyone else used it?
I just found Greenbug online. So it's working for you? The bugs are out of control this year and I even broke down and bought chemicals (which are NOT working). First time ever I have fleas on the dogs and bugs in my kitchen
barnie.gif

If it works I'll pay the price but I want to know it works first.

I don't think it is and the packages I have seen say to have good ventilation when using around birds. I was looking at the greenbug stuff for in my house, on the dogs and to spray around the buildings, outside of the coop, lawn, etc. I would not use it directly on the chickens or inside of their coop.

Back
Top Bottom