Economical source for Glyphosphate (Roundup, etc.) ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Im4Eggcellence, May 11, 2009.

1. Im4Eggcellence

Im4Eggcellence Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Hi all,

I just checked the price at the local feed stores and see all the various brands have shot up in price again - over $130 for 2.5 gals of concentrate [​IMG] I thought things were supposed to go down in price when they went off-patent [​IMG]

Anybody know of any better buys from online sources?

Thanks,

2. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

if you're just trying to kill weeds... in places that you dont have other plants...

why not just boil salt in water and use it? I guarentee nothing will grow again once you douse it with salt water.

Take a pot of water (large cooking pot) and fill it with salt. When the salt disolves..add more..keep adding...the more the merrier. It has to disolve though. Boil for about 10 minutes making sure all salt is gone.

Put into a 2 gallon or gallon sprayer... and spray.

Cheap and effective..and organic.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Our generic concentrate went down $12 this year. last year I gave $79.50 for 2.5 gallons and last week I gave $67.50 for the same 2.5 gallons.

4. Im4Eggcellence

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Quote:I've tried salt, but never had good results with it. First, it rains too much here in the spring which washes it off or dilutes it before it can have much effect. Second, it corrodes my spraying equipment pretty bad.

But thanks for the suggestion.

5. Im4Eggcellence

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Quote:So what part of the country are you in? That's about what it was here a couple of years ago... wonder why there can be sooo much variation in the price?

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I'm in the SE. The deep South.

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Quote:I've tried salt, but never had good results with it. First, it rains too much here in the spring which washes it off or dilutes it before it can have much effect. Second, it corrodes my spraying equipment pretty bad.

But thanks for the suggestion.

try using plastic sprayers... I do, all housings and whatnot are plastic.

boiled salt water works great for us.. never an issue with weeds at all.

[​IMG] - good luck finding what you need.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by