Ed Harris the shooter remember me story goes on>>>>

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by erafter, Nov 14, 2009.

1. erafter

erafter Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2009
    Redmond Oregon
    This is what could happen to you if you defend yourself, your family, your animals, livestock, and or property.

Mr.Gapp has chosen to file a civil laws suit against me.
    Working with an attorney

Geordie Duckler of
    The Animal Law Practice
    5331 SW Macadam Ave. Suite 299
    Portland Oregon 97239

I was served a summons to court for:
    Conversion;
    Intentional Infliction of emotional distress;
    Loss of Companionship;

They claim that neither I or any family member or any animal was at risk of being harmed or killed when the two dogs attacked on our property on June 19th of this year. We should have felt no fear because of his two dogs and what they were doing.

I need your outrage at this travesty of injustice we are all being attacked for the simplest form of the human right to protect Self, Family, and Our property the animals or livestock we are responsible for.

Mr. Gapp in my option believes that it is his right to use my land and the private land bordering his 10’000 square foot lot for his own use. As do his neighbors, their dogs should have the freedom to run and do what dogs do. Please help me to fight this gross frailer of our system.

Warning check your insurance because the allegations against me in the summons our alleged to be intentional.

Farmers Insurance has now dropped my case. Saying they don’t cover intentional acts. Because the Gapps with their attorney have said this was an intentional act Farmers can now drop it.

Summonses don’t have to state facts they can allege anything. The truth does not matter…
    Farmers after making a low ball offer to pay them off has now drop the case in my hands.

The police, the city, not a person I have spoken with believe my actions were anything more than defensive.

I now have less than 25 days to find an attorny to answer this summons or they win...

Because of the offer Farmers made if I loss and the judge or jury desides for even more than one penny over the $1000.00
    Farmers offerred I have to pay all attnery fees for the Gapps.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Unbelievable! What is this world coming to? I wish you the best of luck because that is all I know to do. I am so sorry.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] That guy is a nutcase! [​IMG] Sorry that you are STILL dealing with this mess! [​IMG]

4. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    They claim no one or animal was at risk while their dogs attacked!!!! on your property.

I would then reply what were they attacking then????

That seems incriminating if they used the word attacked. Is that the same words they used exactly??

Seems a judge would see right thru that wording. [​IMG]

5. erafter

Jul 5, 2009
    Redmond Oregon
    What have I been doing in the last few months

Hello to all

Start off with good news...

After going to City council meetings, meeting with the Mayor, talking to each Council member, Talking with County Commissioners.

We are now working to help with the dog attack problems my family and I have been experiencing. Sadly we lost a bird to another dog attack and had one of our turkeys ripped up with very bad wounds but has pulled through. Eggs are hit and miss because of all the stress my animals are under. My family still lives in fear wondering when the next group of dogs will. “Come calling”. I myself had another dog challenge me at the pen when I tried to get it to go away.

But I can say the police are responding. Our Chief of Police had signs put up at a few of the places the dog walkers are entering the land next to us. The Police are patrolling more often even walking into the woods. The Chief of Police also put an article in our local paper stating the dog laws and fines. I was told that the Judges have been informed of the depth of the problem and they are going to punish any violations that come across to them.

We have this neighborhood above us, one of the best areas in our city, where the dogs are coming and this is where Mr. Gapp lives. They are calling it "taking their dogs for a walk", but what they are doing is walking into the woods, releasing the dogs and letting them run and defecate all over. This is happening on private land not owned by these people. It is shocking the amount of dog waste that has built up in the area right next to the homes where these animals are being released. I walked into the streets of this area along the sidewalks and vacant lots. There was dog waste every couple of feet. It was amazing that the people would live like this. I would have had the police out long ago if my family had to live in this place. Our home is at a minimum 8 acres away from the nearest home which happens to be Mr. Gapp's. But all along the 100 acres of this land next to us these people are using it has their own private waste dump.

The police are working with me to ticket violators and I have issued my first ticket patrolling the area. I myself witnessed a person release a dog from this neighborhood. The dog ran a block away from her and within 5 feet of me. I was on the phone with police dispatch to have the police come out. I had to write the ticket for this person and we are going to court at the first of this next year.

I cannot walk into this area without running into violators. In confronting them I'm questioned about my fowl and the right to have them. I'm told, "That it looks like I need to fence my property." "Get rid of the birds." They tell me. "They know who I am." "That dog killer." "That person who is ticketing people who are trying to exercise their dogs." with contempt and frustration they ask me. "What they are to do." and then tell me again that. "I should fence my property."

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I would tell them that if they are so sure that your property should be fenced for the benefit of their dogs, that they are more than welcome to put up the $10,000 - $15,000 that it would cost to do it the way you want it done.

7. erafter

Jul 5, 2009
    Redmond Oregon
    Hello
    I did do just that.....
    I have had now 12 incounter swith people braking the law. I just warned them tould them that I have kids and animals.
    Everyone of them has challenge my right to keep chickens. which are codes allow.
    I cannot believe the world I live in.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:yup..its pretty sad! When a man gets charged for protecting something on his OWN land...
    What IS the world coming to?? Jeez..

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    That is unbelievable! Some people just think they own the world don't they?! Is there anything we can do? Write letters, phone calls? Just let your BYC friends know and we will bombard them!!

10. natrgatr

natrgatr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    Correction....he's not getting CHARGED (the police are on his side), he is getting SUED. Unfortunately, you can be sued for anything, true or not, and you have to hire an attorney and go to court before it is usually thrown out or sent to trial.

With regards to the insurance company, I would call the state insurance commisioner. It makes no sense that the insurance company can drop you because of the wording in the summons. That would be assigning fault before the court has heard the case. That's the whole point of going to court....to assign fault and make the responsible party pay. There is even the very good possibility that Mr. Gapp will lose and you can counter sue (if that is even required) for YOUR attorney fees. After all, it may be considered a frivilous lawsuit, in the end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by