Eden Farms in VA-anyone been there?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by FiveHens, Jan 31, 2012.

1. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Hi! We're thinking of getting just a few chicks to augment our small flock from Eden Farms, near Richmond in Virginia. This is their website: http://edenfarmsonline.com/7.html

Anyone been there for chickens/chicks/hatching eggs? Good/bad idea? We were thinking of getting a BR, BO, and blue marans - all sexed as female chicks. Is there any risk of introducing diseases to our flock if we raise them from chicks?

Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    YES! The people at Eden Farms are great. Nicki is the one who raises the chickens. She's actually the person who sold me my "first" chickens four years ago. I had them growing up, but then between middle school and college didn't have any. After I got some from her, so did my mom. My mom currently has a splash and blue marans hen that lay very dark eggs. I have Wheaten Marans that I've gotten from other breeders, but they don't lay as dark an egg overall as the ones my mom got from Eden Farms. The chickens they raise aren't exhibition quality, but they hatch from their own stock and so the hens are good producers. It's a family affair and they are all calm, caring people. You will not regret the drive out to Gum Springs. If you go when their garden is flowering, it's really beautiful.

3. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    We'll definitely do it then. Friendly, productive birds are much more important than exhibition quality, to us. Thanks so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by