Edible Upcountry Spring Edition- Taylor made the cut!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jackie B., Mar 1, 2011.

1. Jackie B.

Jackie B. Paris Mtn. Eggs

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Edible Magazine, the Upstate (SC) edition has featured nearly their entire spring issue to raising chickens. A photographer came to the house to take pictures but I wasn't really sure if any of my flock would make it. There's some stiff competition in these neck of the woods. But Taylor the BO did! I had a couple of pullet divas at the shoot, but Taylor did a great job and cuddled in my lap for nearly 30 minutes. It was a lot of fun and I hope this edition encourages more backyard chicken owners in Greenville and the surrounding areas.

Check it out at http://www.ediblecommunities.com/upcountry/.

-Jackie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    that is awesome indeed!!!

3. Upcycled

Upcycled In the Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    AWESOME photo shoot! I hope my farm will be worthy of EdibleUpstate sometime soon. Edamame, fine boned, organic rabbit....gotta be SOMETHING I can tempt them with. [​IMG]

I hope even ONE of my flock of 35 will want to cuddle. I should be so lucky. There are two who are oddly curious and docile at the tender age of three weeks, so I have my fingers crossed. Frankly, I think its all bout me being the vittle getter. They see me coming with the creep feeders and its a flockin' free for all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: