EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

frow.gif

0.jpg

:rolleyes:

Whut? No joke!

Yet my dog takes a month to learn to 'swing'..... Sigh.

Last edited:
Quote: Ummmm NO you should do what you think is best.....
lau.gif

Yessum...

Quote:
Yup, that's how my calculations were made (0.65% per day). They are on day 9 now.

A few questions/requests for advice (@Sally Sunshine or whomever) - once the hatcher is up to temperature:

1) Should I move the Marans eggs NOW (or wait until day 14 like with your Seramas)? Instinct says now, but thought I'd ask. (The no candling window is 10-14 days, as I recall, so I figure that would go for no switching 'bators, too.)

2) Should the humidity for them be something like 50% (that's what we used last time I had air cells growing too fast)? Then reweigh on day 14 and see where we are and then adjust? I only have one that's lost 14.3% already (though it is a viable one) - The others are 8.5, 9.1, 9.2, 11.3 and 11.6% weight loss - wiggler is 9.2.

3) Since I can't see into the marans eggs well to identify ideal pip position, any tips on that? (Will they roll into that position anyhow?)

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom