EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Yes, I will have a cigar, (2-3 a year!), after some good meals, especially at birthdays. One of my son friends took a picture of me smoking, and with a fotoshop dressed me like the godfather. And because I love very much the godfather movies I decided that this pic will be my Avatar :lol:

2. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    No she swings with her Bat

[​IMG]

:lau

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Free Ranging

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    That's a shame. Hopefully he got away. My poultry raising philosophy is similar to yours.
    Sometimes I prefer to see some evidence in the form of feathers rather than just a disappearance and have no idea where the bird went.
    Over the last couple months I lost 2 young birds. Just discovering at head count, no evidence, just gone. I'm guessing they got out and couldn't find their way back in at night.

Any idea how the air cell got so big?
    What species/breed of egg?

Like you, I would have expected the marans eggs to lose weight more slowly.

Boredom?

Good idea. I was thinking of something like that.

Good luck. Purebred? How many total?

How much to you get for your olive egger chicks?
    My last setting of the year (not counting the current NYD one) was olive eggs. I only had one OE hen. She's the lone daughter of my old ameraucana that I lost this summer.
    I set 12 eggs and since they came from the same hen, some were a couple weeks old. 11 of the 12 hatched. Lo and behold, 10 are pullets and only 1 a cockerel.
    They're 11 weeks old now. I'm not keeping the cockerel and I'm only going to keep 2 or 3 of the pullets. I need to get my numbers down so I'm going to sell most in the next few weeks.
    I can't come up with a good price because I don't have egg colors to show. They came out of these eggs but father is a Penedesenca so their eggs will be darker. Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]

That would be the way to go.

Can't fix stupid and insanity makes things interesting.

You only have so much time to adjust weight loss so I'd move them now.
    I'd make it pretty high till the eggs get to the correct weight for the day.
    They'll only roll into the position on a smooth flat surface. I sit mine on the table and when they stop rolling, I mark the top.

Gorgeous eggs.

Clever!

2 people like this.
  4. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Crossing the Road

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Howdy peeps.... I sorry I'm not on much anymore winter really hasn't roared much yet so I've been busy.
    Weird lights and outlets in my 4 wheeler barn so far.... So I have somewhere to work on my 4 wheeler and snowmobile. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And yes I've been ice fishing we have a good foot of ice so ice fishing is in full swing..... HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.... Please be safe tonight if you go out (and even if you don't) ;)

5. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. kwhites634

I'd say you've been ice fishing! Good looking Northern there, my man. Ya done good. [​IMG]

That barn must be larger than it looks. Hard to believe you can cram a 4 wheeler in there & still have room to move around.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    GOOD MORNING! THIS WILL BE THE FINAL DAY OF COFFEE CLUB! NEXT YEAR WILL BE A YEAR OF CHANGE! SO DRINK UP! and don't believe me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    It's New Year? Wow! Where did the week go?!
    Have a great NY, and stay warm and safe out there! [​IMG]

9. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Happy new year! And a good morning!

For all the butter lovers here!

[VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  10. kwhites634

And the same to you, Benny. Enjoy!