EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

:lol: I am sorry you aren’t feeling well. :hugs I hope you get better soon. Meanwhile, lots of hot showers, and warm compresses on your face. Don’t forget about the vapor stick thingy!
6E9E634B-98B7-46D9-BF4D-8087E2C3AD6E.jpeg

The five chicks have been outside since yesterday morning. They are still alive. :lol:
The only commotion I heard was at bedtime last night. These chicks are noisy at bedtime every night! I asked them if they were okay, and they all got quiet, and looked at me like, “yeah, we’re fine. What are you doing in here?”
As it gets colder the next few days, I will be checking to be sure, but they have plenty of straw to keep them warm. I mean plenty!!

well you can't stop them from coming earlier, you can give a couple of seas a dexamethasone, and then two days later give lutalyse and you'll have kids within 24 to 36 hours. I am going to do that with my CAE positive doe that's due on April 15th which is a Monday. I'm going to lute her so she has them on the weekend.

These unfortunately ar not due until Thursday and the weather is supposed to be cold between now and Tuesday with it being a little bit better on Wednesday and then much better for this time of year anyway on Thursday. So in this case I can really only hope they don't kid early.
Shalom!
You really need to be a mathematician to follow all these dates!

Nothing overnight, I'll see how the day goes. Last year I remember this one had her kids in the afternoon. She was a first freshener. I checked on her at 3:00 p.m. nothing, she seemed fine. Went back out at 4:00 p.m. and she was standing there with 3 kids and a "you won't believe what just happened" expression. :lau
well this is mine's fourtg kidding and she finally had twins in the brutal cold eearlythis morning. she had one of each which for her was a surprise because she's never had a buck before. IMG_20190303_102205658.jpg

Okay guys, some help here please, I thought I had one more bag of feed and I don't it's brutally cold do not to Bandy cheeks are other people's level or where I grew up, but for around here than the single digits in the negatives are cold especially when the other day it was 60 it just makes the animals and everybody miserable.
I have enough to feed them some but not the normal feeding for tomorrow. I'm mixing up a bunch of old cornbread that I have around with some extra eggs in it any other suggestions?

Last edited:
:woot

I've been reading along, but haven't had much time to reply. Been in and out of the doctor's office in extreme pain. My face is still puffy and a little painful because of a sinus infection .:rolleyes: It's been super rainy, which means mold, which also means I've been miserable. :idunno
so sorry you aren't feeling well. I said a prayer for you and thanks for me because I'm doing well right now.

Okay guys, some help here please, I thought I had one more bag of feed and I don't it's brutally cold do not to Bandy cheeks are other people's level or where I grew up, but for around here than the single digits in the negatives are cold especially when the other day it was 60 it just makes the animals and everybody miserable.
I have enough to feed them some but not the normal feeding for tomorrow. I'm mixing up a bunch of old cornbread that I have around with some extra eggs in it any other suggestions?
Dog food, oatmeal and idk, but mayyyybe mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom