EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Fish fry!!!!!
:drool

@Sally Sunshine
 @DwayneNLiz
 @BantyChooks

Vet was out here tonight. She got me the bute powder, but there's a lump on the horses side. she's going to ask around to see who can do horse labs, and where to send them, and where to dispose of a horse.

She said she'd rate the horse a 7/10 1 being the best, 10 being the worst.

The horse is willing to eat, but not drink - even the "sweet feed" tea we've been marking her, she'll slurp out the water and spit the water out on the ground to get to the sweet feed. So, drinking is going to be a MAJOR problem for her, if she continues to refuse to drink water.

It's going to get 100-110 in just a few weeks, and I NEED her to drink water :(

She said she could give her fluids via a nose tube, and IV fluids - but those are "temporary" solutions. We are going to give her a week on the pain meds, and see about doing labs to see what else might be going on - she wants her to be a 5 by next thursday, or better.

If she's not.......... then she told us to start preparing to say goodbye :( 

:hugs :hugs

@Fire Ant FarmThese are what I have collected since Saturday from the five pullets I have left. Three pullets are from my group and two I had shipped in from a breeder last fall. Later in the spring slI will seperate the five into two families for more specific breeding. These are not seperated and are just to boost my numbers for now.
Plus I want some blue egg layers!

Last edited:
@Fire Ant Farm These are what I have collected since Saturday from the five pullets I have left. Three pullets are from my group and two I had shipped in from a breeder last fall. Later in the spring slI will seperate the five into two families for more specific breeding. These are not seperated and are just to boost my numbers for now.
I don't know if you saw my above post about the horse - but if you had any suggestions on getting her to drink, i'd appreciate it!

@kajiraYou might try getting some of the shredded beet pulp that has molasses. You can soak and feed that to get some water into your horse. I hope you find an answer.

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine @DwayneNLiz @BantyChooks

Vet was out here tonight. She got me the bute powder, but there's a lump on the horses side. she's going to ask around to see who can do horse labs, and where to send them, and where to dispose of a horse.

She said she'd rate the horse a 7/10 1 being the best, 10 being the worst.

The horse is willing to eat, but not drink - even the "sweet feed" tea we've been marking her, she'll slurp out the water and spit the water out on the ground to get to the sweet feed. So, drinking is going to be a MAJOR problem for her, if she continues to refuse to drink water.

It's going to get 100-110 in just a few weeks, and I NEED her to drink water :(

She said she could give her fluids via a nose tube, and IV fluids - but those are "temporary" solutions. We are going to give her a week on the pain meds, and see about doing labs to see what else might be going on - she wants her to be a 5 by next thursday, or better.

If she's not.......... then she told us to start preparing to say goodbye :(

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
Hoping she gets better.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

@Fire Ant Farm These are what I have collected since Saturday from the five pullets I have left. Three pullets are from my group and two I had shipped in from a breeder last fall. Later in the spring slI will seperate the five into two families for more specific breeding. These are not seperated and are just to boost my numbers for now.
Ah, I see. I'm in a slightly different situation than you, but I also have a dearth of pullets. Here's hoping for a great hatch for you!!!!
fl.gif

(Blue egg layers always make me smile - even when they're mean like the Three Witches - they started laying again, and I am grateful for their eggs, I tell ya'.)

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom