EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

No greenhouse yet; still a pile of lumber. Ain't working outside when it's cold & windy. Been 40+ years w/o a greenhouse; another month or two isn't gonna hurt. I do have 2 boards cut, though.
Off to a great start. :lau
Not much gets done here in the slip and slide either. Most of the materials for my garden fence are here now also.

8C6D6B55-DC84-44C9-892B-C0C4E91C2B51.jpeg 357E1E14-6A6C-44EF-A84F-0FC7B62C2170.jpeg

What did the caterpillar look like?
At first it was redish-orange-ish w/black stinger needle hairs. Then it was a sticky gooey juicy smashed into the earth mixed with a dirty grassy sandy gritty texture. The appearance kept changing with each stomp of my heal until I finished the executing of the rotten beast with a twisting of left/right of my heal until the juices of 'Hell's Larva" was pushed down below, back to the gates of hell of where it escaped.:rant

At first it was redish-orange-ish w/black stinger needle hairs. Then it was a sticky gooey juicy smashed into the earth mixed with a dirty grassy sandy gritty texture. The appearance kept changing with each stomp of my heal until I finished the executing of the rotten beast with a twisting of left/right of my heal until the juices of 'Hell's Larva" was pushed down below, back to the gates of hell of where it escaped.:rant
:lau

In general I'm much more of a fan of letting things happen naturally that would be my first choice.
As a business stand point or should I quote a Profit stand point, inducing sounds practical. But I'm el'-Natural as far as livestock birthing. I mark my calendars when we breed and follow the recorded "birthing window marks". For the most part, the only conveniences we try to control, is the month of delivery for weather related reasons, never time of day.
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!

As a business stand point or should I quote a Profit stand point, inducing sounds practical. But I'm el'-Natural as far as livestock birthing. I mark my calendars when we breed and follow the recorded "birthing window marks". For the most part, the only conveniences we try to control, is the month of delivery for weather related reasons, never time of day.
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!
Unless she goes into ketosis I'm just going to leave her be I just am not comfortable with it. I think I may give her some dexamethasone though the couple of days before she's due since I'm really sure she's carrying multiples. The last two years she had triplets and quads.

Back
Top Bottom