Ee Adult Hen??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, May 2, 2011.

1. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    All I know about this chickens history is that she is about three. She was part of an order for Golden Comet pullets. I bought her for eight dollars and was told she was likely Production Red but supposed to be RSL. She, however, is single combed but has blue legs nothing like a Red Sex-Link ... very similiar to an EE type hen! Is this possible, to have a EE like this? I know that they are pea comb chickens and that is why I am asking for help!

Pictures:
    The Production Red Rooster and The unknown hen:
    [​IMG]

The Hen: The Rooster was too rough on her back so I removed him from her.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLUE LEGS!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    crossbred NH Red or a very poor example of NH Red. Not an EE.

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Agreed. Her legs just look blue because they are dirty. Scrub them off and they will look lighter in color - probably a pale yellow or whiteish depending on how well she lays. The longer a yellow-legged hen lays, the paler her legs will get.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well some odd genetics tells me that this hen is slate legged. If you look at the pads of her feet, it is still dark and I see some scales that are shiny so no, she would not be yellow legged.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by