EE, Americauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by roostersandhens, Nov 10, 2013.

1. I have had this hen for about 1yr assuming she was an EE, but now I am not sure. She lays blue eggs. Here is her picture:
    [​IMG]

She was a rescue from the side of the street. I originally though she was an Americauna then EE now I am just not sure!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    She is an easter egger. Just because she lays blue eggs dosent mean she is an ameraucana. She dosent have a pea comb, she dosent have slate legs and most importantly she isnt one of the 8 accpeted colors. Go here to learn more about the breed, the stnadard, and the accpeted varities. This is the ameraucana breeders website and they even have pictures of each variety www.ameraucana.org

3. She has a pea comb, but I was thinking EE too!
    Thanks!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    that is not a pea comb, it is a mix between a single and pea commonly called a modified pea comb some people even call it a noodle comb

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Ooh, noodle comb! I love it! I have leghorn/ee mixes with similar combs, now I'm gonna call them noodle combs [​IMG]

The OP bird is an Easter egger.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ya someone said that on the EE bragger thread, it was cute and just kinda stuck.

7. Noodle Comb! That's cool! So I guess I have an Americauna with a Modifed Pea Comb, a EE with a noodle comb, and a EE with a pea comb! :) [​IMG]

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    well no you actually an EE with a modified pea comb. Ameraucana have pea combs not modified pea combs. I remember your rooster eddy, he is an EE

9. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    There is no way to have an Ameraucana with a modified pea comb. Amerauacanas have true pea combs, period.

In fact, the modified pea is a sign of her mixed breeding. You get a modified pea like this one when you cross a straight combed bird with a pea combed bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by