EE: Are we? And sex?

littlepeeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 25, 2010
London
My 'ladies' are EE's (I beleive). I bought 10, but 4 showed early Roo'ness, so I am down to 6. How do you actually tell a Roo from a hen? I know people have posted many pictures, but with the huge differences in EE's, what do you look for?

If I can keep this 'Guy' I would, very friendly, and keeps everyone in check (ie out of the garden!)
58645_pict0110.jpg

I am hoping that this lady just likes her Red. I have 2 that look like her:
58645_pict0114.jpg

I have 2 Black EE's (?) One is Red in the face:
58645_pict0104.jpg

And one not so much (sorry, poor pic):
58645_pict0111.jpg

And this one, who had no red in her face at all:
58645_pict0107.jpg

Are they EE's? Or something else? Sexes? Guesses? We are 'illegals' and going away for a week. Our neighbours will be checking in on them and I don't want any crowing while I am gone.

None of those are EE's sorry. But to me the red and brown ones look to be Wellsummers!!!! Which lay a dark chocolatey egg!! No idea on blacks except pretty sure they are mutts
wink.png
gorgeous though I love the brown lacing! They look like they may be Wyndotte/Australop crosses or something maybe.

All look to be girls except that one black with the extra red on face - but she may just be a bit older? - if anyone's a rooster thats it. the welsummer looking ones are definately female to me

Upon looking at chick pictures and comparing online, they do look like Welsummer chickens. But all the pics I saw, the Welsummers have yellow legs, what colour should they be?

Ok, I ordered Ameraucana, was informed that they were probably EE's. Now they are Welsummers? One the nice side, most agree that they are (mostly) females.

And the black ones are 'mutts' or unknown. Does anyone have an idea on the identity/cross of the black ones?

The Welsummer people have answered all (or at least lessoned the amount of questions).

They are all females. They are 'beleived' to beWelsummer's, at least the 4 brown ones. The other 2 are 'beleived' to be Barnevelders. The proof will be when the first eggs are layed.

So I guess instead of expecting purple-blue-green eggs, I will be getting dark brown to tera cotta.

Back
Top Bottom