EE ate my earring

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cindilou, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Cindilou

Cindilou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Largo, FL
    My little EE, about 2 months old or so jumped up on my lap then jumped up on my shoulder and pecked out my stud and it looks like she ate it. How concerned should I be about this. I'm thinking this too shall pass like grit but the stick seems like it could get caught in the digestive tract.
    ug.

Cindilou

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:its not the first time this has happened and if I remember correctly it too will pass [​IMG]

if it was an ear ring you want back you may need to be on poo patrol for a while... separate the chicken so you know whos poo u r going through

3. Cindilou

Cindilou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Largo, FL
    Luckily, I'm not concerned about getting the earring back. It was just a cheapo fake stone that was on sale for less than $2. Just concerned about my girl. jeez, they eat anything.

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Yeah, it happens a lot, especially with young birds who have yet to learn what's really edible. I haven't heard of anybody's bird dying as a direct cause of eating something sharp like an earring stud though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by