EE Breed Confirmation

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hokankai, Jun 11, 2011.

1. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    I had a broody hatch out 2 blue eggs last month, but neither of them has the characteristic leg color of an EE. Do they still look like EEs?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    Well, an EE is a mixed breed bird that carries the blue egg gene. So yeah, they do look like EEs!

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Aw, what a couple of cuties! tellynpeep is right, they COULD be EE because it's such a loosey goosey breed on genetics. However, I think it most likely that these are Cream Legbar chicks. EEs tend to have at least one of the usual EE traits, no matter how mixed they are (whether you are talking about the green legs, the muff, pea comb) Cream Legbars lay blue eggs, and do not have the EE features of green legs and the beard, and they have a straight comb like these chicks.

Keep posting pics as they grow, they're adorable! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. Roo on Harley

Roo on Harley Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Texas
    Curious to see what eggs you get with the leg color...keep us posted!

5. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    They were posted as Ameraucana/Aracauna eggs and the parents were a solid buff looking color with tails, beards and muffs, so I'm confused, haha.

Thanks, they are cute [​IMG]. The chocolate one is a runt that I've named Hootie because s/he looked like a little owl as an itty bitty baby.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by