EE Chick - a little over 4 weeks old - pullet or cockerel?

ChristaJ

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Hi all- this is my first time raising chicks and I wanted to know if any one has any guesses if I've got a pullet or cockerel. I have three easter eggers, bought from the feed store, which were all supposed to be female, but I have my doubts about this one. I've named him/her Rooster.

What do you all think?

Ha! Thats about right for my feed store. I guess I should be glad its a chicken!

EEs have pea combs. Yours looks like it has a single comb. Here is my EE at about the same age as yours. Notice the pea comb and the slate colored legs.

EEs have pea combs. Yours looks like it has a single comb. Here is my EE at about the same age as yours. Notice the pea comb and the slate colored legs.
ee's can have straight combs and any color legs although pea combs and slate colored legs are seen the most

Thanks for all the help, guys! Still not convinced about the production red part, but I guess time will tell. He is a very sweet chicken though, and I think a rooster would be a nice addition to my flock. Hopefully he will get along with my older hens when the time comes. I did think that (s)he was a bit out of the norm, hence the name Rooster- I think the jig is up now!

I got a few more chicks at the same time, but they might actually be easter eggers:

Back
Top Bottom