EE chick???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChiknMama, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ChiknMama

ChiknMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    We ordered this chick from our local feed store. She is only 6 days old but I am a little concerned about breed. I have been looking at alot of EE pics but have not seen a chick this color. Most are darker or look like chipmunks (little cuties) Does anyone know if this is an EE? Any help is appreciated, sorry if this is a silly question but these are our first chicks.

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, it does have the right leg color, and I think I see a tiny bit of a beard coming...With an EE, sometimes they have beards and/or muffs, but sometimes they don't. EEs also come in many different colors, so that is an OK thing.....Looks like she might be buff.....Of course, sometimes their coloring changes totally......

I say yes, that is an EE. And you'll know for sure if you get a nice greenish or bluish egg.....

Sure is cute!

Sharon

3. ChiknMama

Apr 26, 2011
    Thank you...we do have a BO and a BA also....I meant to put more than one pic on here so here it goes. I think she does have the puffy cheeks, hard to get them to stay still for long [​IMG]

[​IMG] with our BO

[​IMG] an earlier pic

[​IMG] all the girls together

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I do see the puffy cheeks! I'll bet she will be a pretty hen. [​IMG]

5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I had one that was not your typical EE chick.. yellow with black dots on head/back. I do agree though, she is an EE! [​IMG] Can't wait to see pictures of her all grown up!

6. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    She looks like an EE to me. I have several EE chicks that are different colors. I will post pics soon. She is going to be a beautiful girl.

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Your chick looks like an EE to me. There is no standard color for EEs since they are basically crossbreeds so they can be any color.

8. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
  9. ChiknMama

Apr 26, 2011
    Thank you everyone for all of the feedback and compliments....I CAN NOT WAIT to see how she feathers out [​IMG] I knew that EEs came in all different colors, just most that I have seen pics of are darker. I will post more pics as she grows will be fun to see the changes in her and her brooder mates [​IMG]

10. JesikaD01

JesikaD01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2012
    Atlanta
    We have 5 EE's 1 is brown (looks just like a chipmunk) 3 are gray and 1 is a light brownish red color. so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by