EE chickie for Shellie Sterling

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by IloveTravis, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    I'm afraid I may have hurt Shellie's feelings- and I'm sick over it. I live to please, and when I hurt someone it eats me up inside. So I'd like to apologize for anything I may have said that offended you. [​IMG] I heard you were expecting some EE chicks to hatch so I made this for you :)
    [​IMG]
    It's not much, but it's the best I can do.
    Love to you and to all the BYC members <3

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Edited to stay out of it. Sorry.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA

4. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Quote:Aggghh. Shellie! Why? I apologized and you replied with calling me a three year old child! Please please please, if you don't want to argue, why pick at the wound?
    Look at this post.

Quote:How how how could I have said it more nicely!?!?
    I spoke very kindly, very honestly, and very fairly. I did not throw a tanrum or act like a child. i could have blown up in your face, but I'm not that kind of person. Please, I would love for you to truly accept my apology, without me still feeling like you're angry.
    And I did not say "mineminemine", I said that that was my thread, which is a true and completely harmless statement.

I respect and even idolize you. I want you to truely understand that there really was no hate in my post.

5. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Quote:Aw, I just suck don't I?
    Sorry I let you down ):

6. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Aw, I just suck don't I?
    Sorry I let you down ):

I feel bad for Shellie. She's all like giving you her periods. [​IMG] Did you try mailing her your credit card? That always makes me feel better. [​IMG]

Oh, I like yer cute EE pic. [​IMG]

7. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    lets just kiss and make up ok? cute pic and i did think you said it nicely best of luck

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I hate when our family of chickenlovers fight or argue... please accept each others apologies!

9. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Quote:I give up. No apology was given to me, and she can't seem to accept mine, which I guess is really her choice, anyway.

All I know, is from the first post, which I wrote so politely and so delicately just to avoid this kind of reaction, to my final post begging for her apology, I have not said one word with any hate or any malice.
    The first post was intended to be polite, but she took offense.
    All my other posts were me saying sorry and asking her to please forgive me. I have not been the one fighting. I've been trying to end it. I did not call anyone names. I did not delete my posts. I didn't poke the fire. I tried to deal with everything as politely and professionally as I could.

I'm not that old, you guys. I'm just a kid. And I hate having an adult mad at me. It's like being in a fight with your mom. I want her to not only accept my apology, but understand how much I tried to keep this from happening.
    And I swear to you, this ENTIRE time, I've mulled over every post making sure that it was not too mean or too harsh. The fact that I made someone upset has made me feel awful.
    But I'm done, it's over. Again, I'm sorry for hurting you, and I'm sorry for all the drama byc members. I just wish you all understood how careful I have been, even though I messed a lot of things up.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think you have apologized for any hurt you inadvertantly caused and that is enough. More than many adults would do in fact. I don't think you messed up anything and have done your best to keep the peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by