EE Chicks..Tail feathers?

TheSheriffswife

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Baldwinsville NY
Hi guys..
I am a bit on edge and very very sad because I am trying to re-home my boys (9) from my March hatch where I had 13 out of 17 boys hatch..of course I am attached to all but I know it's not possible to keep them all so I am at the point of saying goodbye..anyway..I bought 5 adorable little EE girls from Cackle a few weeks ago..Now, maybe I am paranoid, but why would this one little one have hardly any tail feathers at 2 weeks while the others have a good inch? also did I read that the female EE's are not Black and White Barred? (or is it Black and white?) because this one certainly looks like its barred..or like going to be black and white..
I will flip out if this is a boy.
he.gif
Out of 5 I would hope they got this right..out of 5..now, one of the little brown ones also has hardly any tail feathers so maybe it's just an individual thing?
Please assure me, tell me I'm nuts..
hit.gif

Is it too early to tell with these gals? let me know what you think..I can't bear the thought of getting attached again..I thought I would avoid this if I ordered thru the hatchery..
Thanks..
Also..anyone in the central NY area (Syracuse) looking for some lovely purebred 3 BLR Wyandottes.. 1 BFCM, 1 Blue Ameracauna, or 4 Olive Egger Cockerels? 18 weeks?
thumbsup.gif
FREE???

76733_img-20110729-00170.jpg

76733_img-20110729-00180.jpg

76733_img-20110729-00205.jpg

76733_img-20110729-00174.jpg

76733_img-20110729-00186.jpg

Since EE's are from a mixture of breeds, it isn't possible to use tail feathers as an accurate indicator of sex. One of my little EE pullets doesn't have a tail at 22 weeks while the others have quite large tails. You will have to wait for other indicators. Good luck with your little girl!
smile.png

I'm sorry you've had such a struggle. So far I'm not seeing any rooish features, but please keep in mind that it is reaaaaaally early to be trying to determine gender.

Back
Top Bottom