EE Cockerel (Free), S. Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CATRAY44, Nov 29, 2009.

1. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I have a young cockerel- about 5 months old. He is a very pretty EE and so far, good natured. He is from Miss Jayne's EE roo, "Flapjack", who is a very good natured roo (but takes very good care of his "girls".) If anyone is interested I would try to meet you or deliver, if it is not too far from my home. He is a good boy and too pretty to eat! (Maybe, lol.)

2. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Can you send a pic of him? I just lost my EE roo and I was planning on waiting to get a chick in the spring but would like to see your boy first.

3. CATRAY44

I will take one today and post it. I do have one other person who wants him, but she can not take him until her run is finished. She knows I will have to let him go if someone else offers to take him. He is beautiful, a lot of cherry red and gold, with green tail feathers.

4. DottieMarie

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    I can't wait to see him![​IMG]

5. CATRAY44

[​IMG]

This is not a great picture... he kept moving, lol. His colors are really nice, but do not show up as well in the picture. His father and mother are very nice birds. The father is not one who wants people to hold him or pet him, but is calm and never aggressive. I know this boy is still young, but he has never acted at all aggressive to me and lets my little Serama take the lead. My hope is that he will be as calm as his father, Flapjack, is (Miss Jayne's the owner of the parents.) I am sad to not be able to keep him, but I don't want to risk an unhappy neighbor.

6. CATRAY44

[​IMG]

One more...

7. DottieMarie

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Thanks for adding the pics, he is very pretty. The person who contacted you before me; are they hoping to get him? First I don't want to step over someone else and secondly; I'm on the fence if I should take in a new rooster this time of year because I'd have to seperate for a couple weeks and then introduce him to the girls (that part should be easy). I'd like to think about it over the weekend but I really like his looks the personality you described.

8. CATRAY44

I am going to message her. He started crowing today! Argh! He does have a cool soun. Rhandi (Miss Jayne) told me he might sound like a wolf, like his daddy.... and he does! Maybe my neighbors will think it is a coyote? I can hope...! I will have to say first come first served ( I can meet whomever halfway, too.) I wish I could keep him. Even though we have about 2 acres and wooded, and my neighbors nearset like them, i dont want to push it. Our county says I can have them, and my lake association says nothing about it- I don't want to push it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by