1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE Cockerel or Pullet? Please Post B/W colored EE Pics For Comparison!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HetaChick, Jun 30, 2011.

1. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    Okay, I've asked before on this little guy(?) but since it's a bit bigger now, I was hoping to get a few more ideas. Anyways gender with EE's you never know, and I haven't seen any chickens that really look like it in the EE field to compare. What kind of mutt of a mutt is this bird?? haha. Anyways thanks for the help.

[​IMG]
    Best comb pic I could manage, my phone's quality is... not good. Looks like a cockatoo with the feathers up sunbathing. Comb is pinkish at base but still yellowish too.
    It's about 6 1\\2 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    Are the neck feathers looking like roo hackles? Or hen's feathers?
    [​IMG]
    Full Body.
    [​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    That looks like a pullet to me. I had two of them like that. Here is a picture of one of them. She laid a green egg.
    [​IMG]

3. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    A pullet? Hmm she does look quite a bit like mine. My little bird has delayed tail development like many of the EE roo's I've seen. The resemblance however is uncanny. Thank you! [​IMG]

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

I just sold 2 pullets that looked just like her....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by