1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE cockerels in South Eastern OH

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by hlk82, Feb 23, 2013.

1. hlk82

hlk82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    Ohio
    Hello,

I have 2 EE cockerels that I would like to find a new home for. They were born October 7th, so they are almost 5 months old, and should be good to start breeding soon. We already have an EE roo, and don't need any others right now. They are good-natured, not pets by any means, but they aren't mean. I can email pictures if you would like.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. morgan36

morgan36 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Southern Ohio
    where do you live at in southern ohio

3. hlk82

hlk82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    Ohio
    I'm just outside the Athens area. I can travel a short ways if needed.

Also, one has all the characteristics of an EE, with the green legs, he looks a lot like his dad.. The other doesn't have the green legs, so he looks like more of a barnyard mix. Their mom was a barnyard mix, she laid brown eggs. Dad is an EE.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. henessy

henessy New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Did you find them a good home?

5. hlk82

hlk82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    Ohio
    no, not yet. we still have them. hopefully we find a place soon, or i fear they will have to be culled.

6. henessy

henessy New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    I've been looking to add a few more to the flock. I'm in wheelesburg. Where exactly outside of Athens are you?

7. hlk82

hlk82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    Ohio
    i am in amesville. i am willing to drive a bit to meet if need be. i would hate to see them culled, and would prefer them to find a good home.

8. henessy

henessy New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    That's an hour and 45 minutes from me. That's ufortunately because they would make a nice addition to the flock.

9. hlk82

hlk82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    Ohio
    i would be willing to meet you half way if you would like, but if not, i understand.

10. henessy

henessy New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    I already have 6 roos 3 of them are araucana but I'm sure they would enjoy "playing" with a couple more. What color are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by