EE: cockrell or pullet?

Kataloo

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
Utah
I am trying to figure out how to get pics from the phone to the computer. If I can, I'll post pics to get input, but this EE chicken is noticeably larger than the others, has a louder noise, and a bigger tail which came in way early. The chicken is mostly white with buff colored feathers coming in on the back of the neck, and the the shoulders. (He/She will be beautiful.) The legs are lighter in color than the other EE. Does this sound like a rooster?

If this is a rooster, I need to re-home. I'm not allowed to have roosters in my subdivision.

Thanks, I know this is hard without pictures. Will try to get some. BTW, chick is about 2.5 weeks old.

It's going to be very difficult to tell gender at this point. My first thought is it may be a different breed? And possibly older than the others......ages get mixed a lot at feed stores. We'll see what the pic shows, but in all liklihood you'll have to wait until 5-6 weeks to get an answer, sorry.

Need a picture. Much of sexing them is the distribution and intensity of colors rather than the colors themselves.

OK, I will figure out how to get pictures. I hope it is female cuz it is quite pretty and and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom