EE comb

ImNotYogi

Songster
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
Eastern NC
I don't see any distinct rows on this one. The other two still have single rows. The girl's (I hope) comb simply looks like a big bump.

Edit: Will be four weeks on Monday

Last edited:
The comb doesn't look problematic to me, yet....I find the best early indicator to be color pattern on an EE. While 3 pea rows typically indicates a roo, some pullets can have 3 rows. Roo's will always get larger, redder combs, earlier.

As to the feather color...Is the color and pattern even or blotchy?

Roosters get blotchy, quilt like block patterns, while pullets have even feather patterning.

LofMc

The comb doesn't look problematic to me, yet....I find the best early indicator to be color pattern on an EE. While 3 pea rows typically indicates a roo, some pullets can have 3 rows. Roo's will always get larger, redder combs, earlier.

Roosters get blotchy, quilt like block patterns, while pullets have even feather patterning.

LofMc
x2

So far the feathers are uniform though I'm waiting on the hackles. The other two EEs started to get theirs recently. The one in question is also my friendliest so far.

LofMc

I agree

LofMc
x4

Should I be concerned about the slow hackle growth? I'm pretty sure the EEs were similar in their feather growth rate up until now though.

LofMc
x4

Back
Top Bottom