EE feathering out (pictures!) -- ideas on what she'll look like?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kellykate, Apr 12, 2009.

1. kellykate

kellykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Hi there -- here is my 3 week EE 'Basil'. She is growing way faster than my other chicks and getting some very neat brown/gold feathers. Almost look Gold-laced -- anyhow I was curious to see some pictures of other EE's that started out looking like this. At this rate she'll be bigger than the dog -jk! Thanks for your help!
    Basil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

3. kellykate

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Whoa! Gorgeous EE! I'll have to keep my fingers crossed -- I would be thrilled if she looks like that! Thanks for the picture!

4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    No prob [​IMG] I love my EEs, I'll bet you will love yours too! [​IMG] And Happy Easter!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

And here is a pic of the egg she lays... bottom right corner [​IMG] It's the largest egg I get! Of course, every EE is different... but here's hoping for many large blue eggs for you! [​IMG]

6. kellykate

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    [​IMG] Happy Easter to you too! Yeah, she is already our fav! Great little personality-- very fun to watch and loves to hop out of the brooder on our arms! Like I said she is growing soooo fast, I feel like she must ache all over. She is constantly stretching everything out!

WOW -- just saw the egg picture!! Beautiful eggs -- hmmm yes, I would love for a nice blue egg! Have to wait until this fall to know about that though--ugh! patience..... patience...

7. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    What lovely birds! We have 9 EE chicks and most of them look like your little girl. I'd be thrilled if they ended up looking like the hen pictured!!!! I love EEs--such a surprise. One of the "girls" is most certainly a roo (MUCH larger comb and I swear he crowed! At 4 weeks...) and he's the prettiest one of the bunch. Can't WAIT to see how he turns out.

Happy Easter to y'all!

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I have one EE just like this one. I'm excited to see what she will look like full grown!

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    This is what mine turned into [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by