GA Peach in VA

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Central Virginia
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

My EE, Blossom laid her 1st egg today. Went outside to collect my usual 2. Pebbles (lays a light green egg) was sitting on eggs in her bottom box and Blossom was in the top nesting box. So, I waited and she finally went out of the coop to eat. There was this egg!
ya.gif
Now, if I could get her BFF to lay I will be
wee.gif
. Blossom is 22 weeks.
While I was waiting outside the coop, my cat, Naughty Kitty (stray that has taken up with me) came over to see what I was doing. Well, the girls and my BCM roo, Dozer, went over to look at the cat. They were really interested in her and followed her from on end of the run to the next. I guess they have never seen a cat before. It was entertaining to watch while I was waiting for the eggs. I must have look crazy sitting in front of the coop with the girls.
big_smile.png

34260_blueegg.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the blue egg. I also have a Blossom who lays blue eggs - what a coincidence!
On the subject of cats, Blossom chases one of my cats (Tabitha) around the garden. If I ever manage to capture the action on video I will post it on the web - it is very amusing, especially when I think I was concerned about the chickens' safety from the cats when I first started to let them free range.........

Back
Top Bottom