1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE gender????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newchick13, Aug 20, 2011.

1. newchick13

newchick13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Somers NY
    What do you think? This is the only one i have with this black/bronze/white coloring and I am hoping she's not a he. The other two EE's are grey/brown and don't seem to carry themselves like this one does . I also am wondering about this gold one, again I am hoping for a she. I'm not sure what breed she is either. We ordered 10 brown layers from My pet chicken. They are 7 weeks old.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    We need a photo [​IMG]

But black, bronze, and white, 80% of the time, means it is a boy.

3. newchick13

Jul 26, 2011
    Somers NY
    whoops! LOL I hope this works....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the other one...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. newchick13

Jul 26, 2011
    Somers NY
    I wonder about the gold one because it seems like the comb is much larger than the others. I am not sure of the breeds so I can't really compare. I am only sure of the EE's and 1 Barred Rock...she's a sweet little thing...loves to hang on my lap!
    [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sorry, definite boy. The New Hampshire (I'm assuming, I mean the gold one) is likely a boy too.

6. newchick13

Jul 26, 2011
    Somers NY
    UGH...I hate to have to give them away..they are my little babies! Our town has an ordinance that prohibits roos older than 8 months...

7. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    your first one i would say boy the second one looks very similar to my red sex link pullets and based on size i would say around 4 months old so i am saying she

opps just saw you said 7 weeks so yeah i have to agree both boys

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  8. newchick13

Jul 26, 2011
    Somers NY
    I think I have some red sex linked pullets...they are reddish with some white at the back end, is that what yours look like? I am kind of sorry I ordered 10 of my chicks as a general brown layer mix. Now I know that doesn't necessarily mean the are pure breeds (not that I mind that they are not pure bred s, just seems like it would be easier to know what to expect based on breed generalities)

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Both are cockerels. [​IMG]

10. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    I am going with #2 a cockeral, and #1 a hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by