EE Girl or a Boy?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nystra, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Nystra

Nystra Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Southern ME
    This is Miri my aracauna/EE hen. or at least I thought She was a she.. but now she is starting to look a awful lot like my Rooster of the same breed.... This is my first year with chickens and my first little flock I've raised all except my roo Vinnie from day old chicks... So Miri was hatched the end of May.. I'm hoping its just my inexperience of sexing and i don't now have 3 roosters [​IMG] (I have a 2nd cochin flock with a blue splash rooster name)

Side View
    [​IMG]

Top of her/his Back
    [​IMG]

The comb
    [​IMG]

This is Vinnie the Top Boy of the group hes a month older than Miri i Believe. They are currently housed together.. so If Miri is a boy.. I hope they can coexist Since they have been together now for... 2months about

[​IMG]

Thanks for the Help [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    how old is she

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    It's a mister for sure!

4. Nystra

May 18, 2010
    Southern ME
    Quote:I want to say the hatch date was May 10th somewhere around there... I just Looked back on my calendar cause i wrote down the dates that I got my chicks on. and She was a week before my other group so around the 10th so that puts us at just about 4months old

5. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    i don't know for sure but i think it may be a roo [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  6. Chrizjen

Chrizjen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Hate to agree but looks like a roo to me too![​IMG]

7. Nystra

May 18, 2010
    Southern ME
    crap... That means I have 2Roosters... so no green eggs or baby EE next spring.... more opinions please!!! I will need to contemplate keeping him/her or finding one of my roos a home... because i dont want anyone getting hurt in a fight [​IMG]

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Positively a boy, sorry.

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Yep, rooster. On the bright side, he was probably born on my birthday [​IMG]

10. Nystra

May 18, 2010
    Southern ME
    Anyone in southern Maine want to trade me a EE hen for my new found little rooster hahaha I just don't want any future problems /sigh He is fine with being handled once you catch him hahaha doesnt attack any people and does fine with my little sister harassing the crap out of them hahaha been around goats and dog lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by