EE Hatching Eggs FS and Pure Buff Orp

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Mar 19, 2007.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Anyone need some fertile hatching eggs? My girls are laying up a storm and my bators are packed. My EEs lay blue, green and pinkish brown eggs - all have muffs and beards. Also pure buff orpington hatching eggs available.

$17 per dozen or 2 for $30 (includes shipping) in lower 48 states. Paypal to [email protected]

Here is our web site if you'd like to see some pics of our birds.
    http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/

Thanks,
    Jody

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Let me talk to DH tonight. I might have to get some of your eggs. Been wanting to try out the new incubator and I am not sure if my hen is going to go broody any time soon. I will let you know tomorrow. I live in Mississippi, is that too far to ship?

Thanks

Marie

3. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Looking forward to hearing from you. I don't consider Mississippi too far, but some may. I ship all over the country. Depending on how they are handled by the PO, really depends on the outcome. I've had great success as far as CA and lousy handling right here in PA, so you just never really know. Just being honest. I can tell you that I have over a 100 in my hatcher due Wed and viability & fertility are excellent on these. [​IMG]

Jody

4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Update....I am sold out of buff orps for this week. I have EE eggs available. Thanks.

Jody

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I talked to DH and he said that it is up to me, but I do have a question. What is the difference in the EE's and the Araucanas. I read on your site and you say that the only difference is that you can't control what you get, they are all different. I understand that these are no araucanas, and are ameracaunas (sp) right? Which are not tufted and have tails, right. Will they be the same medium size? Are they more or less likely to stay in my goat pen than like a heavier breed? If I get a dozen, what on average is the amount of hatchings? Just an average? Still have not decided if I want to hatch eggs or just find some chickens?? Thanks.

Marie

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hi Marie, the EEs are created by crossing Ameraucana with other chickens to get the various feather colors and eggs colors. Ours are large breed and pretty big from what people tell me. EE have muffs & beards and full tails. Araucana have ear tufts and are usually rumpless (although some can hatch with tails and clean faced as well).

The hatch rate can vary for many reasons. I get anywhere from 80-100% hatches at home, while shipped eggs can be anything from 0-100%. I don't believe I've ever had a 0% on my EE eggs reported. Typical is 60-100% on my shipped eggs.

Jody

7. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    so the aracauna is crossed to make the Ameraucana and then the Ameraucana is crossed to make an EE? Sorry, I am confused.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by