EE help needed, new pics added

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chick_newbie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I have what I believe to be just an EE sine I know where the eggs came from that I hatched and the chickens are free-ranged, BUT can and EE be rumpless? I really have no idea what to think anymore. Here is the only good pic that I could get this am, but will post more later to help identify the little birdie.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    They are very rare, but it could be that you have a true arucana. If it is an EE it just may have a rumpless breed mixed in its heritage. So it is possible.

3. chick_newbie

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    Here are some new pics from this afternoon. Forgot to mention that it is about 7 weeks old here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I would almost take bets that this is a slow feathering male and it does have a tail. You need to pick it up and check to see if the tail is there.

A true rumpless bird will not have the fleshy protrusion of the tail, those vertebrae are missing.

5. chick_newbie

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I wondered if it was a roo because I think it was trying to crow this morning. Couldn't tell for sure though as there are 3 chicks in the pen but it would only make noise when I wasn't looking.

Thanks a bunch, will have to look a little closer tomorrow at the tail.

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Slow feathering/maturing rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by